Dear Fairlawn Family,
We are very excited for our in-person gatherings to begin again on May 24th. As we think about the restart, we want to remind you that our worship services will look different than they did on March 8th. There have been many good things that have come out of our times of home worship. We have heard wonderful stories of how families have been able to connect on a much deeper level during our home worship services, but we feel it is time for us to gather again.
As we begin in-person services, our goal is for people to feel safe, but not overly restricted. We know that there are many different opinions about meeting in public spaces. We ask that you extend grace to each other even in our differences. We are called to love each other in the midst of our differing views, one of which is whether we wear masks or not. In John 13:35, Jesus said that we would show the world that we are His disciples by the way we love each other.
We acknowledge that there isn’t a plan that will please everyone; however, we believe that opening in phases will allow us to gather in a responsible way. We will continue our livestreaming to reach those who cannot attend or do not feel safe to attend in person. We certainly do not want anyone to feel pressured to attend in person if they do not feel safe or comfortable.
We will begin meeting on May 24, and will be offering three services: 8:00 am, 9:30 am, and 11:00 am. There will be no ABF, Children’s Ministry, or coffee shop during Phase 1. During all three services, the children’s large group meeting room will be available for people who feel safer wearing a mask (masks required in this area). We ask that you reserve your spot for the service you wish to attend by clicking here or calling the church office at 330-698-5722. This is a very important step that will enable us to ensure there will be enough seats for everyone.
Physical Distancing Guidelines:
- There will be greeters, but hand shaking is discouraged.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations provided.
- There will be signs encouraging CDC guidelines.
- Standard social distancing encouraged--keep 6 feet of separation between people/households. We will be sitting in every other row in the sanctuary.
- We will have boxes in the back of the sanctuary instead of passing the offering basket during the service.
- There will be no bulletins.
- Café will not be open during this phase.
- Drinking fountains will be turned off.
- Facemasks are optional for those who attend, except for in the area designated for masks.
- Those who are at greater risk are encouraged to watch the livestream (e.g., those age 65+ and anyone with underlying health conditions). However, if you are over 65 and feel comfortable, you are welcome.
- If you or anyone in your household is sick, please stay home.
We recognize that some of you will feel like we are moving too slowly. Others will feel like we are moving too fast and not taking enough precautions. Please understand that a lot of discussion and prayer went into these decisions. Our services will continue to be evaluated on a week by week basis. We are trying our best to balance the importance of gathering for worship with the concern for public health. Let us work to honor each other in our differing views. Please continue to pray for our leaders, our church family, and our community.
The Leadership Team