We believe that membership is important for 3 primary reasons.
1. Covenant Membership unites the body of Christ together. It embraces the biblical understanding that the Christian life is meant to be lived together, with its members actively relying on each other and building each other up in love. We value a heart attitude of “how can I invest in the people around me”, rather than “what can I get from the people around me.”
2. Covenant Membership enables the Fairlawn Leadership Team to more intentionally care for and equip the church. The Fairlawn Leadership Team is committed to intentionally caring for the members of this local body. Our Membership Covenant helps us to know who in our church desires to be intentionally cared for and equipped. We desire to fulfill our commitment to our Covenant Members as leaders who will “give an account” for those in our care (Hebrews 13:17).
3. Covenant Membership holds the Fairlawn leadership and Covenant Members accountable for their profession of faith. We believe Scripture clearly reveals that those who have made a commitment to Christ ought to be held accountable to walk in a manner worthy of that profession. God has planned that believers are to be accountable to each other and to the leadership at their local church. This accountability helps our Leadership and Covenant Members faithfully pursue growth in Christ together; as we do this, we will testify to the beauty of the body of Christ to the watching world.
Steps to becoming a member at Fairlawn.
1. Take the Discover Fairlawn class. These classes will introduce you to the church and our ministries. For dates and times of upcoming classes, check the bulletin or contact the church office at
2. If you have taken the Discover Fairlawn class and want to become a member at Fairlawn, contact Steve Bixler at
and he will get you started!
3. If you have any questions about what it means to become a member, or what the process looks like feel free to talk to a pastor, or email Steve Bixler at email@example.com